Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for orientations, audits, and toolbox discussions.
- Support production engineering and contractor.
- Provide safety leadership for maintenance, construction, & equipment installation projects.
- Work to ensure safety requirements are clear to contractors.
- Conduct formal safety audits of activities related to construction and equipment installation.
- Review contractor JSA’s to confirm completeness and accuracy.
- Safety Engineering Degree or 10 years equivalent experience
- OSHA 510
- Safety construction coordination background (Experience in Automobile a plus)
- Experience working on construction projects
- Experience with various parts of construction: site/civil work, structural steel, electrical & mechanical
- Experience reviewing and verifying JSA’s developed by contractors
- Proficient in Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Physical Demands of the job may include
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
- Working in extreme weather (Hot and Cold Environments)
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.